Get up to 7.5 hours a day of production out of your technicians with Cyber Garage systems:
- Estimator assigned to the job and what insurance company handling the claim
- Real-time repair status and what tech is currently logged in to the job
- Customer drop off date and promise delivery date and number of days left
- Customer is in rental and vehicle was towed into the shop
- Current customer star rating
- Number of parts ordered and received
- Last status photo taken
- Why is it so hard to get accurate Job Costing information?
- The challenge most body shops have is they cannot track or analyze their true cost of completing repairs and delivering it back to the customer.
- Job costing is an extremely important part of everybody’s shops business.
- Job costing tracks the expenses for a job and then allows you to compare those expenses to the job’s revenue. This tells you which jobs are making money and which jobs are not.
In a recent survey, 75% of body independent contractors indicated that job costing was among their top concerns for their business. That’s not surprising, considering that successful job costing can mean the difference between a profitable business and one that struggles to stay alive.
One of the great things about having Cyber Garage as your sales funnel driver is it allows your body shop staff to export all estimates into the cyber garage sales funnel platform that will allow the systems automated program to send out custom written emails and text messages to each of the customers explaining the benefits of having your company handle all of their repair needs.
Just think you don’t have to rely on the estimators forgetting to preform those tasks anymore.
Scheduling is the art of planning your parts and labor tasks activities so that you can achieve your customer promise date, goals and priorities in the time you have available. When it’s done effectively, it helps you:
Understand what you can realistically achieve with the number of repair days.
Make sure you have enough time for essential tasks.
Add contingency time for “the unexpected.”
Avoid taking on more than you can handle.
Work steadily toward your company goals.
Having enough time to adjust to unexpected supplements.
Time is the one resource that we can’t buy, but we often waste it or use it ineffectively. Scheduling helps you think about what you want to achieve in a day, week or month, and it keeps you on track to accomplish your goals.
Time-tracking reinforces accountability within the employees themselves. When time-tracking is enforced, employees are more likely to complete jobs with increased efficiency and are more likely to hold themselves accountable for their progress throughout the repair orders. Time tracking software isn’t used to intimidate, but to reiterate the importance of the job at hand and the need for dedicated, hardworking and honest employees.
KPIs helps translate your business strategy into manageable, operational actions, based on the data you collect and monitor.
They are an important component of the information needed to understand a company’s progress.
Many body shop businesses aren’t using the power that comes from understanding their data.
Body shops are missing the mark in compiling accurate business data, beyond monthly financial statements and reports, this means body shop owners and managers will continue to rely on their gut feelings and assumptions when it comes to making decisions.